Sunday, June 25, 2006

Hoh Hoh Hoh

.

Just got home from the Hoh River on the Olympic Penninsula. This is a river in the rain forest. It did not rain.

Strando, Chili, The Weatherman and I spent three days camping along the river, which was extremely fucking cold.


Although it wasn't completely eventless (I did do a faceplant hiking in when my boot laces caught on a foot bridge. We were crossing a stream at the time), for the most part, thanks to Weathe's knowledge of weather, and lots of Advil, it was a perfect trip.

On Friday morning, I was ready to roll, and had had all my junk packed, half of which i left at Strand's house, including my camera, so, with handy ten-dollar disposable camera in hand, we did the Hoh.

El Strando was kind enough to take the above pics, which I will supplement with real live analog pictures (photographs, i think they are called) when I get them back from the store. Until then the breathtaking photography of El Strando is available here.

Happy 25th of June (diez meses, wow!), only 3 more shopping days til my birthday, so get your asses in gear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

The Hoh is one of my favorite childhood places. I'm glad you liked it.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Frankie!

xo,
wendy